Home / Admissions / Apply / JD, Juris Doctor / Foreign educated applicants-JD

Foreign educated applicants-JD

The ASU Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law requires that your foreign transcripts be submitted through the LSAC JD Credential Assembly Service (JD CAS). If you completed any postsecondary work outside the U.S. (including its territories) or Canada, you must use this service for the evaluation of your foreign transcripts.

Exception: If you completed the foreign work through a study abroad, consortium, or exchange program sponsored by a U.S. or Canadian institution and the work is clearly indicated as such on the home campus transcript, you will not use the JD CAS.

The cost of this service is included in the JD CAS subscription fee. A Foreign Credential Evaluation will be completed by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO), which will be incorporated into your JD CAS law school report.

If you received your undergraduate degree from an institution outside of the United States, you must take the TOEFL and have that score submitted to LSAC. LSAC's TOEFL code for the JD Credential Assembly Service is 8395.

Your score will be included in the Foreign Credential Evaluation document that will be included in your JD CAS law school report.

To use the JD CAS, log in to your online account and follow the instructions for registering for the service. Be sure to print out a Transcript Request Form for each institution and send it promptly to them. More time is usually required to receive foreign transcripts.

Questions can be directed to LSAC at 215-968-1001, or

International applicants must verify that they have the financial resources to cover their expenses during graduate study at ASU, as required by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service. The Graduate Admissions Office provides the Financial Guarantee form to international applicants, who then must see that the form is completed, verified by a bank or sponsoring organization, and returned to the Graduate Admissions Office. The I-20 or IAP66 (documents needed to obtain a student visa) are issued only after the completed, properly verified guarantee form has arrived.