We accept applications for the Fall semester from January 1st through March 1st; applications for Spring semester are accepted from June 1st through August 1st. Submitted applications are reviewed by a committee of ASU Law faculty and staff.
Each academic year, ASU Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law welcomes a select few professors, scholars, and members of the legal community from around the world to its campus as “Visiting Fellows.” Fewer than five Visiting Fellows will be selected to participate in this program annually.
This opportunity offers participants exclusive access, privileges, etc. to the ASU Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, as described in greater detail below.
The Visiting Fellows experience presents a unique opportunity to learn more about the ASU Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, and Fellows are invited to become active participants in ASU Law events, workshops, lectures, and more. Additionally, Fellows are offered the opportunity to give a faculty seminar on his/her research conducted during the semester. We invite all interested applicants to apply.
Privileges as a Visiting Fellow
- Full faculty access to all Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law / Beus Center for Law and Society facilities - including the law library, conference rooms, and other amenities
- Designated office space
- Opportunity to audit (for no credit) up to 2 courses at ASU Law per semester, with instructor approval
- Dedicated ASU email account
- ASU Sun Card ID
- Use of ASU amenities (e.g. fitness centers, parking, etc.) available for additional fees
Responsibilities as a Visiting Fellow
- Visiting Fellows are expected to be active participants in all that the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law has to offer - including student and faculty events, workshops, open lectures, etc.
- A résumé or curriculum vitae
- A description of the proposed research that includes a personal statement detailing why ASU Law is your desired institution for this work
- Any associations and/or referrals you have to ASU Law faculty, staff or students
- A letter of recommendation from an academic or juris colleague, and the proposed length and dates of the visit
To apply, simply complete the following form and upload the required documents before the designated deadlines (March 1st for Fall, August 1st for Spring). ASU Law does not require a fee to apply for a Visiting Fellowship. Once selected, however, the fee to participate as a Visiting Fellow at ASU Law is $2,500 per semester.
While ASU Law can provide some guidance and resources for obtaining the necessary visas for applicants who are non-U.S. citizens, it is the applicant’s responsibility to secure the appropriate documentation prior to starting the Visiting Fellows program.