Ways to give
Your generosity to ASU makes a difference in the lives of students and faculty, helping them continue producing innovative technology, research and programs. Whether you support the university through outright gifts like cash, which make an immediate impact, or with planned gifts, which mature to benefit ASU at a later date, here are some ways you can give to what matters most to you:
You can make an immediate and impactful contribution to support ASU programs and initiatives with a cash gift.
- Make a gift online using your credit card.
- To facilitate a wire transfer, download this form and follow the instructions.
Did you know that ASU gratefully accepts gifts of personal property that will benefit the university? Your donation makes a lasting impact for years to come.
- Gifts of securities – If you own securities, bonds or mutual fund shares you have held more than one year, transferring them to ASU may provide you with savings on capital gains and income taxes. Gifts of securities may be used to make outright gifts, to establish an endowment or to support a variety of university initiatives. Please contact the ASU Foundation finance department at 480-965-7825 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more
Download mutual fund form.
Download stocks form.
- Personal property
- Tangible: You may own items of value that can benefit ASU’s mission while providing tax benefits to you. Rare books, works of art, unique collections and other items of value can all be donated as gifts.
- Intangible: By donating your intangible personal property, you can generate a sustainable flow of income for the ASU program of your choice. Property such as copyrights, patents and mineral rights are all examples of this unique type of gift.
- Vehicle donation – The ASU Foundation’s Vehicle Donation Program allows you to donate your unwanted car, boat, motorcycle or truck in support of ASU. Your vehicle donation may also qualify for a charitable tax deduction. Learn more
- Real estate – When you donate a home, vacation property, undeveloped land or income property to ASU, you leave a legacy and may qualify for capital gains or charitable tax deductions. Learn more
- Bargain sale – ASU can purchase your property for less than fair market value. In return, you receive cash and a charitable deduction for the difference between fair market value and purchase price. Learn more
- Closely held businesses – A gift of your corporate stock or assets can provide you with tax and income benefits and help further ASU’s programs and initiatives. Learn more
You can make a lasting impact at ASU with gifts that also provide significant tax benefits.
- Donor Advised Fund (DAF) – This fund, like a charitable savings account, allows you to support multiple charities throughout the year with tax-deductible gifts. You may direct gifts from your existing DAF to support ASU. Learn more
- IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) – When planning your IRA withdrawal strategy, you may make a charitable donation of up to $100,000. Starting at age 70 ½, gifts from your IRA can benefit ASU while reducing your tax burden. Learn more
Gifts from your estate allow you to leave a financial legacy and impact ASU for years to come. There are many types of estate arrangements to suit your individual needs, including wills, living trusts and beneficiary designations.
- Gifts from your will – With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will specifying a gift to family, friends or ASU as part of your estate plan. Leave a lasting legacy with one of the simplest gifts to make. Learn more
- Gifts from your trust – Without reducing your assets during your lifetime, create a lasting and personal legacy at ASU. Your advisor can guide you to include language in your trust specifying a gift to the university. Learn more
- Beneficiary of retirement assets – Among the most flexible of all charitable gifts, a beneficiary designation allows you to make a gift to support ASU from your retirement assets. This option decreases the tax burden on you and your family. Learn more
- Beneficiary of life insurance – You can designate ASU as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy. This gift is a simple and affordable way to support ASU while also decreasing your tax burden. Learn more
Through various types of charitable trusts and gift annuities, you can give a gift that offers you a secure income for life.
- Charitable trusts – Establishing a charitable trust provides ASU with a sustainable gift, while allowing you to receive income and minimize taxes. Learn more about the possible benefits to you of Charitable Remainder Trusts and Charitable Lead Trusts.
- Gift annuities – A charitable gift annuity allows you to transfer your cash or appreciated property to ASU in exchange for our promise to pay you fixed payments (with rates based on your age) for the rest of your life. Learn more
An endowment gift is one of the most powerful ways you can support the future of ASU. When you establish an endowment for the university, the investment provides sustainable financial support, helping us thrive for years to come. Learn more
As an employee of Arizona State University or ASU Enterprise Partners, you can support ASU through regular gifts that are automatically deducted from your paycheck. Your investment helps further the university’s mission, impact and future innovation. Download: ASU Payroll Deduction form
All gifts to ASU and its affiliates, endowment and otherwise, are subject to the ASU policy that allows 95% of a gift to be restricted to a particular purpose at ASU and the remaining 5% is unrestricted for use to advance the University.
Did you know that many employers sponsor programs to match charitable contributions or volunteer hours made by their employees? This is a great way to stretch your gift to ASU and double your impact.
Even if you already made a donation, your gift may still be eligible for match by your employer. Every bit of support makes a difference.
You can email matching gift paper forms to email@example.com for processing. You can also mail matching gift documentation to:
Attn.: Gift Processing Department
PO Box 2260
Tempe, AZ 85280-2260