Fall: July 31 (June 1 for students requiring a visa)
Spring: November 30 (November 1 for students requiring a visa)
Foreign Educated Applicants
All foreign educated applicants are required to use the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) LLM Credential Assembly Service (CAS), which includes the ASU Law Electronic Application, the Document Assembly Service, and the International Transcript and Authentication Service (if applicable). To register, please visit the LSAC website.
- Complete Law School Admissions Council (LSAC) 2019 Electronic Application, in addition to the following documents:
- Complete Credential Assembly Service (CAS) report (the CAS report must be from the current application year)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement that is no longer than 1,250 words on double-spaced, typed pages
- Resume not to exceed three typed pages
- Writing sample
- Explanations to affirmative answers to any Character & Fitness questions
- Transcripts from all institutions attended, including the transcript showing that the bachelor's degree and law degree were conferred
- Please call LSAC help desk at 215-968-1001 if you encounter any problems.
- This year’s application fee is waived.
Please refer to the special instructions for Foreign Educated Applicants.
U.S. Educated Applicants
U.S. educated applicants have the option of applying through the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) LLM Credential Assembly Service (CAS), which includes the ASU Law Electronic Application and Document Assembly Service (see above) or applying through the ASU Law website:
For an application to be considered complete, it must include:
- The complete LLM application form and the following uploaded documents:
- Personal statement no longer than 1,250 words on double-spaced, typed pages.
- Resume that does not exceed three typed pages.
- Writing sample
- Explanations to affirmative answers to any conduct questions
- Two letters of recommendation (submitted directly by the recommender).
- Transcripts from all institutions attended, including the transcript showing a bachelor's degree was conferred (submitted directly by the educational institution).
- *We are waiving this year’s application fee.
ASU Law Alumni
If you are an ASU Law graduate you receive an exclusive, low-cost preferred tuition rate for the LLM degree through our Law for Life program.
LLM admissions overview
Contact ASU Law LLM Admissions at LLMASU@asu.edu, or call 480-965-1474 with any questions.