Admitted Students Program
Thursday, March 16th, 2023
6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Optional: Friends and Family Welcome Event (food and drink will be provided)
Location: AZ Wilderness DTPHX, 201 E Roosevelt St, Phoenix, AZ 85004
Friday, March 17th, 2023
9:00 – 9:30 a.m.
Check-In and Continental Breakfast with ASU Law Centers and Programs
(Snell & Wilmer Plaza and Armstrong Great Hall)
9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Welcome, Lauren Burkhart, Assistant Dean of Admissions & Financial Aid
ASU Law Overview, Dean Stacy Leeds
10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Mock Class with Rhett Larson, Professor of Law
Mock Class reading Pierson v Post
11:45 – 12:30 p.m.
Students: Lunch with ASU Law Faculty
Guests: Lunch with Dean Leeds and ASU Law Leadership
Breakout Sessions – in groups, attendees will rotate between the following; please refer to the schedule provided for your group number
12:45 – 2:10 p.m.
Students & Guests (Room 544)
- Tours of the Beus Center for Law & Society
- Presentation on Phoenix Metro Area and Housing
- Law Student Life: Introductions to Career Services, Academic Support, and Student Resources
2:15 – 3:40 p.m.
- Roundtable discussion with Dean Stacy Leeds (Room 601)
- Current Student Panel with ASU Law Ambassadors (Room 650)
Guests (Room 644)
- Optional: Q&A/Meet and greet sessions with faculty, staff, and students
3:45 – 4:30 p.m.
4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Reception with ASU Law Alumni, Faculty, Staff, and Students
Ak-Chin Indian Community Fifth Floor Conference Center & Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation Courtyard
6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Optional: Mixer with Student Leaders and Ambassadors
Thunderbird Pub, 5th Floor, 401 N 1st St, Phoenix, AZ 85004
Saturday, March 18th, 2023
Optional: Morning hike hosted by the Environmental Law Society at Holbert Trailhead at South Mountain (Bagels and coffee will be provided)
Holbert Trail Hike Information: https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/arizona/holbert-trail-to-dobbins-lookout
Contact Cameron Toering for more information at email@example.com
- Attire for the Admitted Students Program is casual. You will want to wear shoes and clothing that are comfortable for sitting, standing and walking. When selecting your attire, be mindful that you will have the opportunity throughout the day to meet faculty, alumni, and administration, in addition to other admitted students.
We will not be validating parking during any events. However, parking can be included in your reimbursement request. Simply be sure to save receipts that adhere to the reimbursement guidelines.
We are excited to have you attend our Admitted Students Program and we invite you to take advantage of our reimbursement program in the hope it will make visiting easier. Our reimbursement guidelines note eligibility, requirements and procedures to follow prior to visiting and after your visit with us. Please pay careful attention to these eligibility requirements before booking your travel. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact Guadalupe Garcia at Guadalupe-Garcia@asu.edu
- If you were not able to attend ASP, you may request a virtual or in-person individual visit with a member of our staff, faculty, and current students via this link. The password to the form can be found in the admissions packet.
- Take an interactive virtual tour of the Beus Center for Law and Society building and watch a video tour led by our ASU Law student ambassadors.
- Housing Guide: The data in this guide is based on feedback ASU Law students provided. Students were surveyed about their housing situation and their input was compiled into the contents of the document.
A day in the life of an ASU Law student
What does a day in the life of an ASU Law student look like? There’s no easy answer because everyone’s experience is unique, and Arizona has much to explore.
Surrounded by a diverse culture of food, events and other cool happenings in the beautiful Valley of the Sun, ASU Law’s downtown Phoenix campus offers students days filled with memorable opportunities.
Let our students show you the way as they navigate a day at ASU Law. First up – Sharif. And be sure to come back for more.
Interactive virtual tour
This interactive virtual tour takes you through the six floors of the Beus Center for Law and Society, the building we call home in the heart of downtown Phoenix, Arizona.
Video tour led by student ambassadors
This video tour, led by two of our ASU Law student ambassadors, will give you an idea of all that you will have to look forward to at ASU Law and in Phoenix, Arizona.