The Public Defender Clinic is a one-semester course.
- Credits: six graded credits
- Pre- or Co-Requisite(s): Civil Procedure, Criminal Law & Professional Responsibility
- Evidence is a pre-requisite
- Enrollment is limited to 5 students in the Fall/Spring and 4 students in the Summer
- Second semester 2Ls and 3Ls are eligible to apply
- FOR SUMMER CLINIC ONLY - Rising 2L's cannot apply
- Must be Rule 39 certified after acceptance to clinic.
- Summer: Full 8 hour days M-F required
- Fall/Spring: Two 8 hour days (Monday through Thursday) and ½ day on Friday required
- Students must complete 270 hours during the semester, including class time (approx. 20 hours per week, 27 hours per week in summer)
- Mandatory 3 days training prior to the start of classes in Fall and Spring