Fall: July 26 (June 1 for students requiring a visa)
Spring: December 16 (November 1 for students requiring a visa)
Summer: April 27
Please note: There are different start dates for summer courses: online courses begin in late May, whereas ground courses will likely start in June and July.
U.S. educated applicants can apply through our FastApp process, which streamlines the application process and may allow for an offer of conditional admission to the MLS program while the applicant continues to submit any additional requested documentation. Possible outcomes from FastApp submission may include:
- Conditional admission
- A request for supplementary documents
- A request to complete the full MLS application with accompanying documents
For the FastApp application to be considered complete, it must include:
- The complete MLS FastApp application form and the following uploaded documents:
- An unofficial transcript from all undergraduate institutions attended
- Resume that does not exceed three typed pages
If a decision cannot be made from your FastApp, our admissions team may request additional information from you, including any or all of the following:
- Writing sample
- Explanations to affirmative answers to any conduct questions
- Two letters of recommendation
- Transcripts from all institutions attended, including the transcript showing a bachelor's degree was conferred
*We are waiving this year’s application fee.
International Applicants should complete the Full App: MLS Full App form
The Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University is one of the country’s preeminent law schools, with a wide range of emphases and unique experiences. We offer a 30 credit, one-year Master of Legal Studies (MLS) program for people who want to expand their knowledge of the U.S. legal system and business environment. No prior legal training is needed. ASU Law’s world-class faculty provide students with unparalleled opportunities to gain insights and practical skills needed to address legal challenges on a global scale. Spend a year with us to improve your English, network with future lawyers, and develop the knowledge and skills you need to help you succeed, no matter where your future leads you.
Please refer to the special instructions for Foreign Educated Applicants.
ASU Law Alumni
ASU Law graduates are eligible to receive an exclusive, low-cost preferred tuition rate for the MLS degree through our Law for Life program.